The concern in RAFEEQ is not only to create friendships during your trip, but also to be safe. Accordingly, we recommend you follow the following steps:
Kindly fasten your seatbelt before departure and keep it fasten all over the journey.
Be sure to secure messaging with driver or passenger through RAFEEQ messaging system to regain your rights in future. RAFEEQ will not be responsible for any communications conducted outside the platform. For messaging, you should follow “Messaging Guidelines”.
No harm to show each other your IDs to be sure you are travelling with the right person. If you discover that he is not the one whom you did the booking with, or not the car that is shown in your booking, you have the right to decide not to continue the trip and you can raise complain to RAFEEQ.
As with any activity that involves meeting new people, it’s advisable to meet in a public place the first time.
Share Your Plan:
It’s a good idea to let friends and family know about your trip.
Kindly coordinate with the driver for the no. and sizes of your luggage and be sure not to prevent the driver from seeing out the back window.
Kindly help the driver in driving during a long journey, if you have valid driving license. He will be tired, and it is nice to share driving with him.
Keep Him Awake:
Kindly keep talking to the driver without distracting him. The main goal is to keep him awake all over the journey. It is a good chance to conduct a fruitful discussion and establish a friendship with him. There’s nothing wrong if you ask for coffee break if you feel he becomes sleepy.
Keep children in rear seats with their seatbelt fastened. If you have a baby, you should have a baby seat for his safety.
Be sure you have your ID or Passport (for international trips) to be recognized in check-points and boarders.
Check Your Car:
Your car should be ready for the trip. Accordingly, you should check your tires’ pressure, filters, oil, water, brakes, wipes and headlights before departure.
Be sure that you have valid driving license and insurance in your car.
Do not distract yourself with your mobile phone! Concentrate on the road.
follow the speed limit allowed in the road. Do not speed up!
Traveling at night:
take a Rest during the day and take a nap before traveling. It is not recommended to travel at night if you are not familiar with it or you do not see well at night.
Have prior check about weather prediction and take all the required preparation for the bad weather.
Camels crossing the road is a phenomenon in our region. If you face such, slow down your speed until reach total stop and wait until they complete crossing the road. Don’t gamble!
Whenever you feel tired or sleepy or having long journey, don’t hesitate to take a rest. The passengers will appreciate that.
For COVID 19 Guidance
In response to coronavirus (covid-19), you should take care about the following steps:
- Please make sure to follow sanitary guidelines put in place by the local authorities.
- Don’t travel in case of symptoms.
- It is preferable not to offer all your car seats since there is a need for social distancing. We recommend you offer two or one seat back instead of three. To allow all drivers to guarantee the comfort of the trip by ensuring the maximum amount of distance between the passenger and driver, we strongly recommend offer only one seat in the back for one passenger in the car.
- Always wear a mask and instruct the passengers to wear masks during the trip for your safe all.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds or sanitise your hands when arriving and leaving.
- Don’t shake hands.
- Limit the time you spend at petrol stations and motorway services. Try to keep your distance from other people and, if possible, pay by electronic cards; like Visa, MasterCard or others.
- Clean door handles and other areas that people may touch between journeys using gloves and standard cleaning products.
- Avoid physical contact and have good ventilation (keep the car windows open, if possible).